- 1. Our Privacy Statement
OpenWork Inc. (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) , 39F, Shibuya Scramble Square, Shibuya 2-24-12, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-6139, Japan provides certain services(“Service” or “Services”) and operates the website, https://www.openwork.co.jp
This page is used to inform visitors to the website regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data if anyone decided to use our Service (including inquiry), in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Data.
- 2. Categories of Personal Data and Method of Collection
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.Depending on the method of collection, Personal Data that we may collect includes:
Information provided by you, including
- Your Name
- Company name
- Division name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Other information entered by you into such forms as specified by the Company.
Information collected by the Company through the communication between you and the Company or the access to the website by you, including:
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these "cookies" to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
The legal basis for the processing of these information is that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in maintaining the safe operation of our website and improving our website, as well as in learning from how users interact with our website.
- 3. Purpose of Use
Specific purposes of Personal Data for the provision of our Service shall include the following:
- Provision, maintenance, protection, and improvement of our Service, including but not limited to acceptance of registration for our Services, identification of individuals, management of customer information, and computation and payment of use fees;
- Guidance or response to inquiries relating to our Service;
- Delivery of merchandise information through direct mail and e-mail newsletter;
- Distribution, display and measuring effect of advertisements;
- Addressing a violation of rules, regulations or policies relating to our Service (the “Rules”);
- Notice of any modification to the Rules; and
- Other purposes incidental to the foregoing.
The legal basis on which we process your Personal Data in these circumstances is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests in carrying out our business, including to receive and respond to correspondence from you and address matters raised by you.
- 4. Sharing Data
We will not give, sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties so they can market their services to you. Nor do we accept advertising from third parties on the Website. We may share Personal Data in the following limited circumstances.
- We share the minimal Personal Data required with our suppliers, contractors and advisors to help us operate, secure and analyze our business. Legal basis: Legitimate Interests.
- We may be obliged to disclose your Personal Data to comply with a law, order or request of a court, government authority, other competent legal or regulatory authority or any applicable code of practice or guideline. Legal basis: Legal Obligation.
In each case, we have written contracts in place incorporating relevant wording to safeguard that Personal Data and comply with applicable laws, and we will only share such data as is necessary for the purpose in question.
- 5. Retention Period for Personal Data
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
The duration of the data storage is usually 10 years, but we regularly review the need for data storage and delete out-of-date and unnecessary Personal Data.
Once we no longer require your Personal Data for the purposes for which it is processed, we will securely destroy your Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with our records retention policy.
- 6. Your Rights
You have the following rights regarding Personal Data obtained and processed by us.
- ・request access to your Personal Data and request certain information in relation to its processing;
- ・request rectification of your Personal Data;
- ・request the erasure of your Personal Data;
- ・request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data;
- ・object to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- ・request the transfer of your Personal Data to another party.
If you want to exercise one of these rights please contact using the contact details set out in the Article 11.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to a data protection supervisory authority.
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
- 7. Security
- We value your trust in providing us your Personal Data, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- 8. Links to Other Sites
- 9. Children’s Privacy
- Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
- 11. Contact Us
Personal Information Desk
39F, Shibuya Scramble Square, Shibuya 2-24-12, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-6139, Japan